Saturday 21 February 2009

Pike at emberton with red_al. 21/2/09

Once again i was back at emberton, we arrived at 7:30 to see that the peg i wanted to fish was already taken :O so instead we fished a peg nearly opposite it.
When i got to the peg i set up my pole to try and catch some bait, i soon realised id have no luck for bait here so i walked round and tried by a bush, whilst i was doing so my dad had 3 rods out on dead baits. I had caught about half a dozen small roach and dace, only just, so i walked back round to my peg. Dad said he hadnt a run, so i put a small roach on a rod cast it out and WHAM! i had a take straight away and landed a little jack pike of around 3lb.
Today wasnt the easiest day with the pike but we managed to land 4 between us, (me and red_al as my dad went home after about 2 hours), i landed a 7lb pike and the 3lb pike, and alan landed a 6lb 8oz pike and 6lb pike.
I didnt get any pictures today as i forgot my camera but im going back tomorow to catch my dad his first pike in a while so i will try and remember my camera!
Id also like to say well done to red_al for landing not only his first pike but his second pike too in 25 years!
Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment