Friday 20 February 2009

Emberton pike. 17th & 18th.



On the 17th Febuary me and my mate went to Emberton Country Park for abit of pike fishing,We started on a little pool of the main lake, there wasnt much action here but my mate had 3 runs, connected with 2 of them for a second but lost them. We decided to make our way round to a much harder lake, the boating lake. This was a very difficult lake to fish and not many pike are caught from here, but we thought we would give it a go. We got to the new location at about 12:30. On my rods i was fishing ledgered herring and a ledgered roach, and dan (mate) was fishing a free lined mackeral tail and a ledgered roach. Theres not much to talk about here apart from my mate lost, what felt like a good pike.To cut a long story short we had no more action here.A few pics from my peg:




We returned to the same lake again on the 18th that we finished on hoping we could catch a pike from here, we were fishing a peg on the opposite bank of the bay that we were on yesterday. Using the same methods apart from i had one of my rods set up on a ledger, we tried sprats, roach, herring and mackeral but still,we didnt have a touch Because of our bad luck we decided to fish the small pool that we fished yesterday to begin with, using the same setups apart from my mate who put a bung on his freelined rig, we cast out to likely looking spots. A couple hours after we put our rods out i said to my mate, "theese roach aint biting no more are they?!", for some strange reason he didnt reply until about a minute after when he said: Jack!! Yourr float, i turned my head to see my pike float making its way across the pool, i picked up the rod, let some line out and WHAM! a good firm strike connected with a pike. All exicited my mate chinned the fish out and we put it on the unhooking mat to unhook... Once she was unhooked we put her in the net to rest whilst we got the camera ready for a few shots.Here is the best shot:
I then cast my rod out again in the same place with another live bait that we had caught, a roach.Then it was my mates turn to get abit of action, unfortunately he left the bite to develop way to much and missed it, GUTTED!An hour or so later whilst i was catching more live bait, i heard a click, my swinger had dropped and i had a drop back bite, once again i connected with the pike and shouted to my mate who was on the other side trying to sneak out a pike. This fish was smaller, we didnt weigh him but estimated at 4lb, i have a picture but its on my phone, will post it soon!We had no further action in the day but it was the first pike ive caught in a while so i was very happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment