Friday 20 February 2009

Emberton pike again! 19th Febuary

I was back again today, on the same lake i landed the 8lb pike and 4lb pike yesterday. But today it was even better! When me and my dad arrived i saw Kevin down there, we went and spoke to him for about 10minutes before i went and unloaded the car and got my gear ready. My dad promptly left to go back home and work.
I tried catching bait on my match rod but i couldnt catch as much as kevin was on the pole, so he generously gave me enough bait to keep me going as i had only managed one small dace.
Next was to set up my pike rods, out went the float ledger with a 5inch roach, and 10mins later i put out the ledger rod with the small 4inch dace i caught. I then put the rod on my pod and put the swingers in place. i walked round the other side of the pool to see if i could catch anybait there, first put in and i swung a 2inch roach to my hand, un hooked it and put back. As it went in the water i looked over to kevin running over to my rods and striking into a fish.
I ran over to him and he gave me the rod to keep playing the fish, after about 4minutes playing it i saw the fish, my words were "Bloody hell kevin its a biggun!" After playing it for a further 2 more minutes kevin slipped the net under it and we placed it on the un hooking mat, un hooked the pike and put it back in the water in the net to rest whilst my dad drove down to see it.
5mins later my dad came and told him the weight, 21lb 4oz, a new PB by 7lb! Got a few shots and slipped it back.



Kevin left about 15 minutes after. About 40 minutes after i had another take on the ledger rod in the same place, i landed this pike and i guessed the weight of around 8-9lb. Didnt get a picture of this one though.

Through out the day i had 5 more runs, 1 of them i let my dad hit, he lost his pike, then i let my mate hit another take, he also lost this pike. But i did also loose 3 pike myself!

All in all it was a very enjoyable day and hope its this good on Saturday and Sunday!

Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment